Sunday, August 2, 2015

Day 3 - Sequim Bay to Crescent Lake

Distance:  55.9 miles
 
Today was all about the Olympic Discovery Trail which I (mostly) followed all day.  I say mostly because I did miss a turn here and there...... But my "alternates" all turned out swell :)
 
Lots of bridges and uncrowded trails - my kind of riding:  
 
 
 
 
 
See how happy all that traffic-free riding can make a person:
 
Seems like there was something interesting around every corner.  Neighborhood produce exchange:
 
And some words of encouragement from the locals:
 
 
 
 
And the knitters were tearing it up in Sequim (as usual):
 
Don't think the knitters were making this much noise:
 
Am starting to feel the need to eat everything in sight.  This was my first stop at 730!
 
 
 
Stopped for groceries in Port Angeles (where everyone seemed friendly) and then as I headed west things got more desolate/gritty..... More than one rebel flag flying in front of a house or double wide.  
 
After passing through Joyce, I turned left and commenced with the grind up the hill to Crescent Lake.  Arrived at camp (Log Cabin Resort...... Meh- I would avoid it) early enough to get some bike maintenance done and wash some clothes.  
 
Crescent Lake is beautiful - and I haven't seen a single body float up. Yet.
 

3 comments:

  1. Ah, look at that happy touring smile! How fun to see that you're experiencing many of the same sights that I experienced on my tour of the Olympics a few weeks ago. :) Wish I was riding alongside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah! Thanks :). Hanging out in Forks with a warm bowl of soup and some coffee. No vampire sightings.... Wish you were riding with me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and you'll appreciate this: I chatted up some homeless guys in the park for a source of good drinking water!

    ReplyDelete