Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Day 27: Back On The Road

Route:  Sebastopol to Samuel P. Taylor SP (Lagunitas)
Distance:  47.0 miles
Total Trip Distance:  1,458 miles
Had a great time at Mike and Jane's house. We hung out, went to the gym, ate, did some bike maintenance and watched the Giants get creamed by the Cubs. Yeah, the Cubs.  Ben (their son) got a rare day off (he's working for Cal fire up in Humboldt County) and came by too.  So as rest days ago, it was a 10! Thanks guys!



Today's ride was somewhat short because I got about as close as I can get to San Francisco and still camp. my plan tomorrow is to get all the way through the city and down to Half Moon Bay state park.  So I got a lazy start and went through some rolling hills and small farms surrounding Sebastopol to get back onto highway one.
 Then I hugged the northeast shore of Tomales Bay:



Oysters seem to be quite popular here:

After I left Tomales Bay I was in terrain that  for the first time felt like Southern California (in a good way)

Just when the temps were getting a bit too warm, the well shaded Marin bike trail appeared - nice!

I got a regular campsite for tonight because Charlie (my oldest son) is coming to stay with me!  He is going to swing by after work - of course I'm  super excited!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great stay at Mike & Jane's place. Yeah for friends, huh? :)

    I hope your first day back in the saddle wasn't too painful. Have a blast visiting with Charlie this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's kinda weird..... I actually felt a bit sluggish today - too much comfort may have turned me soft!

    ReplyDelete