Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day 33: This Space For Rent (couldn't think of a title....)

Ride:  San Simeon to Grover Beach
Distance:  69.4 miles
Total Trip Distance:  1,810 miles
Today I rode through Cambria, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo and Pismo beach - all places that I've spent time at before and that bring back good memories.  Was fun seeing them again from a bike - it adds another dimension of appreciation.  And I gotta say, I'm really liking this traveling by bike gig ...... Gonna miss it when it ends.  

Misty climb out of Cambria:

All of us who are fans of aunt Rosie will appreciate this one:

Raccoon update:  I haven't had any more problems, but I have been a DEFCON 5 since Oregon:
Ha!  Try and get that you crafty little bastards!!

Others, it would appear, feel similarly (found inside a food storage locker:
For the record, I'm not on board with the baby seal comment.

Saw more agriculture and started dreaming of spinach......aaahhhhh spinach:

And of course there was more beach :



By the time I got to Pismo beach this stop was mandatory:


The highlight of the day is the place I am camping at:  the Doty Ranch in Grover Beach - what a place! Ocean views and all sorts of nooks and crannies to keep you interested.  It is primarily an airbnb site (2 or 3 very cool, unique rooms) but us Bike tourists are welcome too!  I'm camped on a lawn in a fruit orchard - here are some pics that will do a better job than words:



One of the rooms:

Shower house:


Wine cellar 




Returning to the real world is gonna hurt..... :)

1 comment:

  1. Ronaldo, you gotta stop vandalizing the benches with the "I <3 Furry Animal" comments and then blaming it on other people! Shame, shame! ;)

    But, it's okay, I forgive you, because your raccoon defense system kicks booty! :) And so does that ice cream cone! :) And so does that place you're staying. :) Looks like great fun! :)

    ReplyDelete