Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day 35: A Quiet Last Day

Ride:  Refugio SP to Oxnard
Miles:  66.4 miles
Total Trip Miles:  1,948 miles

Relaxing with my #1 supporter and (as I've said before) the best mom in the world (sorry everyone else.....)

Today was the last day of riding and it was nice and quiet.  A perfect ending to a great trip.  In fact, I didn't even take any pictures - I just wanted to enjoy the pedaling.  

In the next week or so (once I get all caught up on "normal life" stuff). I'll put together a summary with an emphasis on  resources for anyone considering this ride.  And if you are pondering this ride, stop pondering and start planning - you won't be disappointed :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo of you and your mum! She can be your #1 supporter, but I hope that I have a chance at #2 (or maybe #5 or #6 once you first account for all of your family. ;)

    Congrats on a trip well done! I'm looking forward to reading your summary post whenever you get around to it. Enjoy easing back into reality. I'll be curious to hear how the transition goes for you and whether you have any profound profoundnesses now that you've had a taste of traveling long-distance by bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great trip Ron !! Thanks for sharing ! We enjoyed every article.
    Rest well. Good luck to be back in the real world.
    Sandrine and Loic

    ReplyDelete