Monday, January 23, 2017

¡Vamos a Baja California!


La Paz
 





















It's 11:30 a.m. and I am blogging in my PJs...... I'm either retired or a stoner!    But I digress.

Back in mid December when my friend Sarah pitched the plan for mountain biking the length of Baja California, and then asked if I would like to join her, I said I would think about it and get back to her.  So I thought about it....... for about 15 minutes!  Of course I was going - what a great opportunity for a little adventure (emphasis on "little") and the chance to be outside in the winter in a T-shirt.  So this Thursday, we start pedaling south through Baja.  With a little luck, we should be back in about 2 months.

This is not t-shirt weather.....




















Details on the route can be found on the Baja Divide website.  Huge thanks to Lael Wilcox and Nicholas Carman for developing the route and then gifting it to the bikepacking community.

The bike I will be riding is an Advocate Hayduke outfitted with all kinds of Revelate Designs bags, rolls and pockets.  But even with all those zippered pockets, there still won't be a whole lot of extra room, so we will be traveling as light as possible (no stove).

All shiny and new




Big thanks to the folks at Soul Ride in Prescott for getting the bike all set up on such short notice.  You did a lot to ease my panic!

We will be posting occasional updates on Facebook - feel free to check out our progress (or lack thereof.....).

Cheers,
Ron







                                  

6 comments:

  1. Best first sentence ever for a blog post! ๐Ÿ˜€ Looking forward to this *little* adventure with you. We is gonna have a splendid time. ๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I think it's ok as long as you change to "normal" clothes by noon....I'm looking forward to the adventure too ๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to living it through your eyes and keystrokes!
    Enjoy Ron & Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks amigo! I'll do my best to document the highs and lows and everything in between

      Delete
  4. Good luck Ron and Sarah. My hat is off to you mountain bike adventurers. Looking forward to your Facebook posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ralph! Gonna be a bit of a change in scenery from Beringer Lane :)

    ReplyDelete